Wednesday, 14 September 2016
The beginning
August 2016
This is the beginning.
When we went down to Alora this summer, I had a mission. Namely, to find out more about Justa and why he was watering my parent's garden. Was he land grabbing? There had been no one there for a year, what would we find?
When we pulled up in the car, I let out a gasp.. the garden looked beautiful. The trees had been carefully pruned, the ground ploughed, new grass was growing and as we walked up to the steps, I counted 12 new lemon trees.
Our first evening. Dinner on the terrace in the soft light. Justa appears with a giant tubio. (hose). " I will wash down the terrace!" He exclaimed. "Eat first! Prioridad!"
As we quickly scoffed our food, he was pushing back the chairs and tables and flooding the terrace with water. "Fresca! Fresca!" He cried and as we stood ankle deep in water, I realised that something had changed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment